From the plaque:
In August 1852, Abraham Brown,
Thomas Bundy, Thomas Davenport, Willie Denton, Harry Fields,
George Lewis, Fielding Spotts, and Eliza and William Davis
organized the church in the Davis home. The congregation
purchased the old First Baptist Church and moved it to
this location in 1854. The church is now located at 1399
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the Third Baptist Church, April 9, 1995. Cora Mary Jackson, Church Historian, Dr. Amos C. Brown, Pastor.