From the plaque:
On June 29, 1776, Father
Fancisco Palou, a member of the Anza Expedition, had a
brushwood shelter built here on the edge of a now vanished
lake, Lago de los Dolores (Lake of the Sorrows), and offered
the first mass. The first mission was a log and thatch
structure dedicated on October 9, 1776 when the necessary
church documents arrived. The present Mission Dolores
was dedicated in 1791.
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the Albion/Camp Neighborhood Association, June 29, 1995.
Ishman colma carac yonahi acho isha hachche owahto harwec irshah. (Sun, moon, sky, village, friend, alive: We eat, drink, sing and dance. Rammaytush)
Dedicated to the Rammaytush, the first people of San Francisco.