From the Guidebook:
The Parrott Block was erected
in 1852 by John Parrott, an importer and banker. The three-story
building, built by Chinese labor, was of granite blocks
brought from China. The 1906 earthquake and fire did little
damage to the building, which soon thereafter reopened
for business. In 1926 it was demolished to make way for
the Financial Center Building.