.

#155:  Lone Star Mill

<< 1 2 >>

Location:

Stillman L. Magee Park, Mackville Rd, 1 mi N of Clements

38.204046,-121.092031

 

 

Plaque:

Private Plaque

Notes:

None


From the Plaque:

First built in 1855 by Hodge and Terry. Burned in 1856 and was rebuilt on it's present site. Purchased by S.L. Magee in 1860 and was operated by him for the next 25 years when it was abandoned for lack of buisiness.

Erected by Clements 4-H Club 1950


From the Guidebook:

A sawmill built in 1852 on the Mokelumne River was removed to Hodge and (David S.) Terry's ranch in 1854 and a flour mill attached the following year. The mill burned in 1856 and was rebuilt on its present site as the Lone Star Mill.



David Schmitt