.

#765:  Temple Israel Cemetery

<< 1 2 3 >>

Location:

On E Acacia St between N Pilgrim and N Union Sts, Stockton

37.964893,-121.278750

 

 

Plaque:

State Plaque (in stone)

Notes:

The bronze plaque was a victim of attempted theft, so it was removed for safe keeping. The stone base was carved with the plaque information.


From the Guidebook:

Donated by Captain Charles M. Weber in 1851 for use as a cemetery by the Jewish community of Stockton, this is the oldest Jewish cemetery in continuous use in California and west of the Rocky Mountains.



©2009 David Schmitt