.

#958:  Administration and Veteran's Memorial Building

<< 1 2 3 >>

Location:

6500 Palma Ave, Atascadero

35.489582,-120.667273

 

 

Plaque:

State Plaque

Notes:

None


From the Guidebook:

This building, dedicated in 1914 and completed in 1918, was the headquarters for the Atascadero Colony, a model community envisioned by Edward G. Lewis. Designed by Walter D. Bliss of San Francisco and built of reinforced concrete and locally produced brick, it had also served as a private school for boys, a veteran's memorial building, and county offices. It is currently the seat of municipal government.



©2009 David Schmitt