From the plaque:
This first permanent building
in the Mission Revival style of architecture was designed by George H. Howard
and J. B. Mathison and financed by local residents
and the Southern Pacific Railroad. It opened for
service on October 10, 1894. The roof used 18th century
tiles from the Mission San Antonio de Padua at Jolon and
the Mission Dolores Asistencia at San Mateo.
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the San Mateo County Historical Association and the Society of California Pioneers, May 22, 1971.