From the plaque:
in 1912, this country church was the first executed design of noted architect Timothy L.
Pflueger, who had just begun
work for James Miller. An awareness of the Spanish
California missions inspired the style, which contrasts with
the large commercial buildings and art deco theaters for
which Pflueger later became notable. Construction of this Catholic
church was initiated by a non-denominational club, The
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the town of Portola Valley, September 4, 1977.