From the plaque:
Built in May 1867, this is
the oldest church building on its original site within
the San Mateo-Santa Clara County region. Its Classical
Revival style reflects the cultural background of pioneer
Yankee settlers of the south San Francisco peninsula coast.
The steeple was appended to the bell tower in 1890. During
repairs caused by a minor fire in 1940, the social hall
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the First Congregational Church of Pescadero, February 19, 1984.