.

#928:  Site of Original Mission and Remaining Ruins of Buildings of Mission de La Purisima Concepcion de Maria Santisima


 

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

Location:

At the south end of F St, Lompoc

Plaque: 34.631527,-120.455515
Site: 34.632009,-120.455116

 

 

Plaque:

State Plaque

Notes:

None


From the plaque:

The ruins at this site are part of the original Mission La Purísima, founded by Padre Fermín de Lasuén on December 8, 1787, as the 11th in the chain of Spanish Missions in California. The mission was destroyed by earthquake on December 12, 1812, the present Mision La Purisima was then established several miles away.

Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the La Purisima Parlors No. 327, Native Daughters of the Golden West. September 26, 1979



©2009 David Schmitt