From the Guidebook:
The last vestige of El Pueblo
de San José de Guadalupe. This simple adobe was
rehabilitated in the mid-19th century. It is believed
to have been built before 1800 by Manuel Gonzalez, an
Apache, who was one of the Pueblo Pobladores founders.
It was later owned and occupied by Sgt. Peralta, pueblo
comisionado from 1807 to 1822, who also came to California
with the Anza expedition in 1775-76.