From the Guidebook:
Built in 1892-93 and believed
to be the tallest covered bridge in the country, it stood
as the only entry to Felton for 45 years. In 1937 it was
retired from active service to become a pedestrian bridge
and figured prominently in many films of that period.
After suffering damage in the winter storms of 1982, it
was restored to its original elegance in 1987 using native
materials and local talent.