.

#131:  Whiskeytown

<< 1 2 >>

Location:

Intersection of Whiskey Creek Rd and State Hwy 299

~40.634648, -122.561056

 

 

Plaque:

No plaque

Notes:

None


From the Guidebook:

Settled by gold miners in 1849, the town was first called Whiskey Creek for the stream on which it was located, but later the name was changed to Whiskeytown. A barrel of whiskey lost off a pack mule christened the stream with the popular drink of that day. The town is inundated by Whiskeytown Reservoir.



©2009 David Schmitt