.

#483:  Father Renaldi's Foundation of 1856

<< 1 2 >>

Location:

SW corner of old Hwy 99 and Clear Creek Rd, Redding

~40.516179, -122.381543

 

 

Plaque:

No plaque (evidence shows there once was a plaque, but it has been removed or stolen)

Notes:

None


From the Guidebook:

Erected in 1851 by J. J. Bell, this was an important toll bridge on the road from Shasta City to Tehama. Bell's Mansion, erected in 1859 on Clear Creek, was a favorite stopping place for miners on their way to the Shasta, Trinity, and Siskiyou gold fields.



©2009 David Schmitt