.

#779:  Rockville Stone Chapel

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Location:

Rockville Cemetery, Suisun Valley Rd, 0.2 mi N of Rockville

38.247315,-122.121159

 

 

Plaque:

State Plaque

Notes:

None


From the Guidebook:

The cornerstone of this chapel, erected by pioneers of Methodist Episcopal Church South with volunteer labor and donated funds, was laid October 3, 1856 on a site supplied by Landy and Sarah Alford, and the chapel was dedicated February 1857. By 1929, the chapel had deteriorated and the church deeded it to Rockville Public Cemetery District as a pioneer monument. It was restored in 1940.



©2009 David Schmitt