From the plaque:
This house was built by H.
A. Green in 1847. Here John H. Nash was taken prisoner
by Lieutenant William T. Sherman in July 1847 for refusing
to relinquish his post as alcalde to Lilburn W. Boggs.
It was restored in 1931 by Zolita Bates, great-granddaughter
of Nancy Patton Adler, who lived here after her 1848 marriage
to Lewis Adler, pioneer merchant of San Francisco and
Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission in cooperation with the Sonoma Valley Historical Societ, July 18, 1956.