From the Guidebook:
Constructed of redwood in
1859 by New England ship's carpenters on Spanish Land grant land donated
by Jasper O'Farrell. On March 8, 1860, Father Louis
Rossi was appointed pastor. Archbishop
Alemany dedicated the church in the town of Bodega on June 2, 1861, and it has served this coastal
community continuously for over a century.
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the Roman Catholic Church and the Sonoma County Parks and Recreation Department, June 2, 1968.