.

#139:  St. James Episcopal Church

<< 1 2 3 >>

Location:

Intersection of N Washington (State Hwy 49) and Elkin Sts, Sonora

37.987256,-120.384645

 

 

Plaque:

Private Sign

Notes:

None


From the Guidebook:

The seventh parish of the Protestant Episcopal Church in California, St. James is the oldest Episcopal Church building in the state. The first services were held in the church on October 4, 1859, and it was consecrated by Rt. Rev. Wm. Ingraham Kip in 1870.



©2009 David Schmitt