.

#113:  Ventura

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Location:

Grant Park, at end of Ferro Dr, Ventura

34.284851,-119.296008

 

 

Plaque:

Private Plaque

Notes:

None


From the Guidebook:

The first cross on the hill known as 'La Loma de la Cruz,' or the Hill of the Cross, was erected by Junípero Serra at the founding of the Mission San Buenaventura on March 31, 1782. This was the ninth and last mission founded by Father Serra in California.



©2009 David Schmitt