From the Guidebook:
Originally located some 200
yards to the north, the Stagecoach Inn was built in 1876.
Its redwood lumber came by sea and was freighted up the
steep Conejo Grade by multiteam wagons. From 1887 to 1901,
the hotel served as a regular depot for the Coast Stage
Line, which carried both passengers and mail. In 1965
it was moved to its present location.