.

#847:  Ventura County Courthouse

<< 1 2 3 >>

Location:

501 Poli St. at N California St, Ventura

34.282201,-119.293228

 

 

Plaque:

State Plaque

Notes:

None


From the Guidebook:

The courthouse was designed in 1910 by one of the early pioneers of architecture in Southern California-Albert C. Martin, Sr. Dedicated in July 1913, the structure is an outstanding example of neoclassic architecture, a style prevalent in the United States at the turn of the century. The courthouse is an extremely well-proportioned building, and is rich in detail and materials not likely to be found elsewhere in the Southern California area.



©2009 David Schmitt