.

#321:  Smartsville

<< 1 2 3 >>

Location:

Plaque located on State Hwy 20 (P.M. 14.9), site on Timbuctoo Rd, 1.0 mi W of Smartville

39.207250, -121.297722

 

 

Plaque:

Private Plaque

Notes:


From the website:

The first building at Smartsville (the post office is called Smartville) was built in the spring of 1856 by a Mr. Smart. The Church of the Immaculate Conception (organized in 1852 in Rose's Bar) was built in 1861, and in 1863 the Union Church was erected. One of the prominent features of the landscape of the town today is its churches.



©2009 David Schmitt