No plaque. There are some informational signs about the area located around the park grounds.
The Palace of Fine Arts consists of a building and four structures in a park in the Marina District in San Francisco. Originally conceived in 1913 for the Panama-Pacific International Exposition and completed in 1913, designed by architect Bernard Maybeck as a forgotten and overgrown Roman ruin. Intended as a temporary installation, the citizens of San Francisco engaged in heroic efforts to retain the Palace, the only surviving building of the 1915 exhibition. The Palace quickly became recognized as one of California's most beautiful buildings, despite its lack of function and temporary nature. A long-term project, planned in the 1950s and begun in the 1960s, reconstructed the Palace in its current permanent form, a project completed in 1974.