Site information:Old Kernville Cemetery, end of Wofford Heights Blvd
Plaque information:Private plaque
Kernville, called Whiskey Flat until 1864, was founded in 1860 when Adam Hamilton, whiskey dealer, moved shop here from more temperate Quartzburg, founded earlier that year. Both camps resulted from the discovery of the Big Blue Ledge by "Lovely" Rogers while tracking a stray mule from the earlier camp of Keyesville.
Dedicated April 18, 1937, Kern River Chamber of Commerce, Department of Natural Resources Reg. No 132, State of California