#0139 St. James Episcopal Church

Title

#0139 St. James Episcopal Church

Site information:

Intersection of N Washington (State Hwy 49) and Elkin Sts, Sonora

37.987256,-120.384645

Plaque information:

No plaque, but there is a state landmark sign of the type they used many years ago.

OHP description:

The seventh parish of the Protestant Episcopal Church in California, St. James is the oldest Episcopal Church building in the state. The first services were held in the church on October 4, 1859, and it was consecrated by Rt. Rev. Wm. Ingraham Kip in 1870.

Registered 6/6/1934

Collection

Geolocation