#0146 Trinidad Head


#0146 Trinidad Head

Site information:

End of Lighthouse Rd, Trinidad. Cross located on far side of hill on trail.


Plaque information:

Private plaque

Plaque text:

Carolus III Dei G. Hyspaniarum Rex

June 9, 1775

Replaced by Club Women of Humboldt Co. Sept 9, 1913

OHP description:

On June 11, 1775, Bruno de Hezeta, commandant of an expedition up the northwest coast, marched with his men and two Franciscan fathers from the shore of the bay to the summit of Trinidad Head. Here they erected a cross and took possession in the name of Charles III of Spain.

Registered 6/6/1934