#0866 Luis Maria Peralta Adobe


#0866 Luis Maria Peralta Adobe

Site information:

184 W St John St, San Jose


Plaque information:

State plaque

Plaque text:

Luis Maria Peralta Adobe

The last vestige of El Pueblo de San Jose de Guadalupe, the simple adobe, rehabilitated in the mid-19th century, is believed built before 1800 by Manuel Gonzalez, an Apache, who was one of the pobladores (founders). Later owned and occupied by Sgt. Peralta, Pueblo Comisionado from 1807 to 1822. Both men came to California with the Anza Expedition in 1775-76.

Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the Peralta Adobe Restoration Committee and San Jose Historical Landmarks Commission. August 25, 1976

Registered 1/11/1974