#0257 Campo Seco


#0257 Campo Seco

Site information:

Intersection of Campo Seco and Penn Mine Rds, Campo Seco


Plaque information:

State plaque

Plaque text:

Campo Seco

Campo Seco was settled in 1849 by Mexicans who worked placers in Oregon Gulch. The largest living cork oak tree in California was planted here in 1858. The iron doors of the ruined Adams Express Building were still standing in 1950.

Marker placed by California Centennials Commission. Base furnished by the Campo Seco Community Club. Dedicated September 9, 1950

Registered 9/3/1937