#0682 Site of York's Cabin


#0682 Site of York's Cabin

Site information:

SW corner Hwy 29 (Foothill Blvd) and Lincoln Ave, Calistoga

Nothng remains of the cabin, as it was torn down in 1930.


Plaque information:

State plaque

Plaque text:

Site of John York's Cabin

Among the first houses of Calistoga was John York's log cabin, constructed in October 1845. Rebuilt as part of the home of the Kortum family, it was used as a residence until razed in 1930. Nearby was the cabin of David Hudson, also built in October 1845. Calistoga was named by Samuel Brannan in 1859.

Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission, City of Calistoga and the Napa County Historical Society, August 22, 1959.

Registered 7/31/1959