234 Canada Larga Rd, Ventura
The site is gated, but generally visible from the road.34.342072,-119.290967
The aqueduct at Canada Larga Road is two surviving sections of viaduct about 100 feet long and made of cobble stone and mortar. Originally, the watercourse ran from a point on the Ventura River about 1/2 mile north of the remaining ruins and carried the water to holding tanks behind the San Buenaventura Mission, a total of about 7 miles. The aqueduct was built by Chumash Indians 1805-15 to meet the needs of the mission population and consisted of both ditches and elevated stone masonry. The entire water system was destroyed by floods and abandoned in 1862.