#0960 Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum


#0960 Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum

Site information:

South end of University of Southern California, 3911 S Figueroa, Los Angeles


Plaque information:

State plaque is behind locked gates except during events, but can be seen from outside.

Plaque text:

Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum

This stadium was originally completed in 1923. It was partially redesigned and enlarged for the 1932 Olympic Games. Both designs were by architects John & Donald B. Parkinson. The Coliseum has witnessed many important sports, political, and historical events. When the games of the XXIIIrd Olympiad began here on July 28, 1984, the Coliseum became the first stadium in the world to host the Olympic Games twice.

Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the American Institute of Architects, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Commission, and University of Southern California, August 1984.

Registered 5/31/1984